I just want to say, first of all, that I am over the moon with joy and gratitude that you lovely people take the time to read what I bang on about all the time. You are the real MVPs and the heroes.
Secondly, I want to say honestly that no matter the outcome, I am happy to have at least been nominated and that at least one person has been touched by my work. I know for certain that I have been touched by hers! Major shout out to Denise: https://denise421win.wordpress.com. Her work and accomplishments are inspiring, powerful, and so necessary in this world. She is a unique and beautiful soul!
Check her out if you have not already, and my sweet, thank you ever so much for this nomination!
Now, I would like to outline what the rules are for this award.
In order to receive the award, each nominee will have to:
- Thank the person who nominated him/her.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated him/her.
- State 7 facts about himself/herself.
- Nominate other bloggers who bring joy into their daily life (Note: There’s a different rule which asks nominees to nominate 15 more bloggers.)
7 Facts About Myself:
- I am incredibly passionate about wildlife and environmental conservation. I am an activist of sorts and donate proceeds from my business to animal, youth, and women’s shelters. My boyfriend and I have fostered a giraffe, an elephant, a monkey, and a dolphin. When I can, I volunteer in London to clean up River Thames, and parks in the city. I live a relatively zero-waste lifestyle. I avoid single-use plastic, I buy in bulk, refill bottles for toiletries, house-hold products, we shop at the farmer’s market, and so on. Basically, I can compile my yearly plastic in a travel cosmetic bag, and what is there, I recycle. It’s not a perfect system yet, but I have reduced loads of waste in the last year.
- I started my first business when I was completing my undergrad and it was an Education and Coaching business. I helped students of all ages with various needs and subjects, as well as offered coaching in academics and other areas. I had nearly 20 clients and students at one point, a full course load, was Associate Editor of my Faculty’s Journal, and felt on top of my game! It was an amazing time in my life. I am now the founder of a Health and Wellbeing business called Evealuna, based in London, living what I feel is my best life!
- I have been to nearly 50 countries, almost always solo, and have many many stories from all my adventures, and definitely feel that travel is an essential part of my life! Good and not so good of course. I have mostly backpacked and, trust me, I have some moments for the books… BUT, I am in love with our planet and its abundance of glory and its many, many wonders. I am a big advocate of solo female travel and encourage anyone and everyone to get out there, get exploring, and discover themselves and the world!
- I have a double major in Art History and Psychology. I moved to London to attend a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL is a conversion course for graduate students from non-law backgrounds). This prepares you for your Bar or LCP prep and exam. Instead of going to my bar, I applied to Business School instead and am now completing my MA/MSc. in Brand Strategy/Management and Business Law. I have also completed my Therapeutic Coaching certification, and am currently a Yoga Instructor and trainee Yoga Therapist. I also have completed Cello certification at a Collegiate level at the McGill Conservatory of Music in Montreal. I love learning, essentially!
- I discovered surf in the South Pacific, ignited my love for snorkelling and diving, and now do SUP Yoga as well! I’m hoping to get my Diving Licence in Mozambique next! Perhaps maybe another Master’s and/or a PhD… Time will tell!
- I love my hobbies! I grew up being involved in many activities. I played soccer for about 15 years before coaching my own team, and I still play today. I was a ballerina (on and off) for about 10 years all together, and still practice ballet now. I have run a half marathon, and completed a triathlon. I train a lot, I love playing Tennis as well, swimming, skating, and most of all hiking and surfing. When I have spare time I like to write songs, write anything really, paint, and draw.
- I was born and raised in Montreal, Canada to a Croatian mum, an Italian father, and we speak several languages around the table all the time. This is also why I speak English, French, Italian, Spanish, and I am learning Croatian.
Without further ado………. Here are my nominees!
https://denise421win.wordpress.com (yes, Denise, I love what you do and I am nominating you again!)
So here’s to these kick-ass dudes and ladies who devote parts of their lives, and open up their hearts to inspire people! I wish I could nominate everyone but unfortunately, I can’t. So here are 10 amazing humans.
Thank you!! xoxoxox