SHED THE SHAME. STICK IT TO THE STIGMA.
Hey guys! I’m very pumped as I come at you today! I taught Yoga at a major event last night and HOLY YOGA PANTS! What an experience.
Then, I had a moment.💡
Real talk though, lovely people, y’all know I’m all about environmental and wildlife conservation awareness🌿🦒, mental health awareness 🧠, and just not being a sucky person awareness.
So I’m banging on today about some upcoming things that I’ve been working on and one of those is *Shedding The Shame and Sticking It To The Stigma*. Why? Because we’re fed up dealing with bullshit and letting it govern our actions. Yes? Yes.🤩
If I stopped myself every time someone made a comment or passed judgment on what I do, or who they think I am, I’d be in a hole right now hiding from my fears. And there were times when I sort of did. Then I realised people’s scopes didn’t have to be mine.
“Gen, you can’t keep living on a cloud and wandering around life, avoiding your responsibilities. You have to face the music. You’re creating your own reality and living in a fantasy. How can you even be doing this?” (Because I am, darling. I have results to prove it. SUIVANT NEXT)
But honestly, (ok, I’m not that harsh), if you want to do it, then do it. There’s no way I have anything you don’t. Go out and get what you want. You are all that you need! 💛
Yeah so… I’m calling bullshit. In a major way. I’ve never been running away. I’ve always been running toward. I don’t think that as Yogis, we are supposed to be quiet and zen. I think that balancing your zen and your genius to make a change is what mindfulness, love, and kindness are all about. It’s not some cult free of individuality and expression. It’s a way to connect to yourself, better yourself, so that you can connect with others and make the world a better place.
Most importantly, comment below and tell me how you feel? How have you or will you shed your shame?👇🏼
If I my community not your jam, that perfectly ok! Go find another one that makes you want to be happy and make a change. Don’t do it for me, do it for you. I just thought I’d remind you to LIVE OUT LOUD.
This is for YOU!
- When people tell you that you can’t travel because you have to come back to reality and you need to start being an adult, leave that behind on your next flight. Get on that plane, and feel that negative energy leave and let the cloud take care of it. People who have such opinions about something like travel are just feeling stuck. Travel is a privilege and getting yourself out there is a choice. It takes courage and it takes money. When you are able to have those, it scares people. Not to mention that you gain SO much travelling that some people are intimidated by how much they feel you have and can enjoy and they feel poor.
- No one is standing in your way except you. Let go of jealousy and limiting beliefs. Be inspired but those around you and by the lives that captivate you. I’m not saying there are no fake people out there or no scams. There are. What I am saying, is that if you are shutting off your desires, rationalising where you are, and expressing bitterness or jealousy toward someone else, you need to look inside yourself and realise that maybe there is something there you want. You are hurt. You feel discouraged. You feel inadequate. Stop. You are all that you need and you have to get up there and own your worth!
- If anyone is telling you that you are only “book smart” or that education is not important or relevant anymore and that academia is not necessary to succeed, you go out there and you study your butt off. Hear me? Forget “book smart”. That’s just another playground insult people use to put down those that have the discipline and capacity to do well in academia. They are trying to make you feel stupid and limited because academia makes them feel that way. Let’s all just realise that these stigma and labels stupid and limiting and call it a day. Doing well in school or not should be like someone being good at graphic design or not. Or wanting to own their own business or not. Or being good at sports or not. Who cares? Own yourself!
- When you feel like no one takes you seriously, and that you are not as “serious” or “focused” as the others, stop. When you feel like you don’t have what it takes, stop. When you rather be a part of your own world than be a part of the one you’re in, don’t resist. We live in a world now where we can own our worlds and be who we want to be. There are so many that can’t, so if that speaks to you, use that to fuel you so that you can not only be an example for them, but so that you can be an example for YOURSELF. Realise your dreams!
- All of the above applies. But most of all, no one is allowed to tell you what you should be feeling or doing. No one has the right to write over you. NO ONE! Yes, there is this idea of popularity, and the market deciding what’s what and all that jazz. Fine. But when all is said and done, we are all players in this game. For better or for worse. Everyone is doing the best they can. So do you, boo! No one can fill the space or fulfill the purpose that you can. You are already the change that you can be in this world. The driving force behind your existence is YOU.